Hi! My name is Alishia and I am a KraftaholicMommy!
This has been a fun ride this past week. The munchkin getting a cold, now I have the same fun mess that my parents had earlier this week, all while helping our church with some renovations. Loads of fun and I know that God will be helping me with every bit of it.
Valentine’s Day is this week and I am over the moon about it. My husband and I usually have such busy, hectic schedules and he has been out of town working so much that I thought we wouldn’t be seeing each other for this one. After many prayers and lots of hoping, God answered. While it will only be a few hours, I will have my love home.
We hardly ever go out to a restaurant on Valentine’s Day. I love to cook. Typically, the husband would grill out the meat and I would whip up some sides, but this year he will be getting home too late for that. So, I will be doing the whole meal for him. I thought that I would share with you the meal.
Ingredients for the Steaks
Two New York Strips
Rosemary, fresh two sprigs
1. Season the steaks with the salt and pepper. Allow them to marinate for at least an hour.
2. Heat pan over medium heat with a smidge of olive oil. Sear steaks on one side to brown. (I prefer to use a cast iron skillet for this.)
3. Once you flip your steak, make yourself a little spot in the pan to add your butter, minced garlic, onion and Rosemary sprigs. This is going to add some amazing flavor to your steaks.
4. Once the butter has melted and the flavors has had some time blend together nicely, take a spoon and spoon the delicious buttery mixture over the steaks.
5. After you have the steak to your preferred temperature, remove the steaks from the pan to a cutting board and cover to rest for a few minutes.
Ingredients for Baked Potatoes
Two Golden Potatoes
1. Mix olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
2. Wash and dry the potatoes.
3. Using a fork, poke holes all over the potatoes.
4. I usually use a brush to brush on the oil mixture all over the potatoes
5. Wrap seasoned potatoes in aluminum foil and place in preheated 450*F Oven, directly on the wire rack.
6. Bake until deliciously ready.
7. Once cooked, using the other ingredients, you and your love are ready to dress the potato as you see fit.
I usually serve this with a simple salad with my love’s favorite dressing and we are ready to enjoy a delicious meal. During this meal, our son is in bed. This allows for us to spend some one on one time to talk and truly be able to enjoy each other’s company. I love having time with just my husband and I really am grateful that we will be doing this on Valentine’s day.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post. If you did, feel free to give this a like, comment, and share so other’s can join the fun as well. Thank you so much for all of your support, it truly means the world to me. Until next time.